Saturday, August 29, 2015

Why I chose Essential Oils.

A little over a year ago I jumped into the Essential Oil world. My parents helped me to get a Starter Kit to Young Living and off I went. This was not a choice that I made spur of the moment. As a matter of fact I researched for MONTHS trying to decide which company that I would join. In the end... I joined Young Living because of the fact that a friend from church was a member and when I became a part of her down line it benefited her as well as myself. To me it felt right to step into this new world with a friend.

Regardless of which company I was going to choose I KNEW I was going to step into oils. I have been fascinated by them since I was in college. But when oils started making a real presence in my life was when I had children. I am the mommy of a child with many severe food allergies. We carry epi-pens and inhalers everywhere we go, because when you have many allergies the whole world can feel like it is dangerous. Our first trip to the hospital for an allergic reaction happened when she was two because of cashews and that was only the start of our road. Cashews seemed like something we could avoid easily enough... but when dairy products, eggs, peanuts, and tree nuts of many different kinds made the list we were starting to get pretty concerned. When Beef caused an anaphylactic  response... we were pretty convinced we would never be able to eat in a restaurant again. 

Eventually our fears eased and we got pretty good at fielding all of the potential dangers in our life. Luckily in our large and extended family she was NOT the only child with food allergies... and so... we all knew to warn the parents of the children with special food needs. Still our diet was pretty clean. Most of our foods were made at home and a lot of items that others can get from a box... I learned how to make from scratch. But... there were always times things slipped through. And the more that I researched the more I noticed that often an allergic response could actually show up BEHAVIORALLY. Sometimes if something would slip past we would have sensitivity and emotional issues for DAYS. I made mention of this on facebook one day... and a friend said WHOA... wait let me help... and off she sent a sample of oils. This oil was... simply put.. magic. Using the roller bottle on my little one could literally change her emotional direction in a couple of minutes. I truly don't have another word for it... MAGIC. My other daughter has a severe allergy to mosquito bites. It is just awful... and last year... we used oils from my friend to curb the response. Instead of the mild cellulitis spreading from the bite... they were almost immediately smaller and less swollen. I was sold. Last year was the first year that we were not at the doctor on an antibiotic with a steroid because of a stupid bite and it was enough to make me jump. 

In the last year I have learned a lot about oils. I have used them to help support the health of my family in ways I never would have imagined when I bought my first bottle of Patchouli oil when I was in my teens. :D I probably will post every now and then about ways that oils help my family. I may post recipes every now and then. I have a page... you can visit and you can order from it. That is NOT what I want this page to be about though.. so while I have a link I will try my hardest to NOT make this page an advertisement. Still.... oils have become a large part of my life. And I am not exaggerating too much when I say that the oils have indeed changed my life. And just a warning I may not be able to curb my enthusiasm when it comes to certain oils or blends. 


No comments:

Post a Comment