Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Rainbow Baby

I suppose that it is fitting that I should start this blog on this date.... October 29th. Six years ago on this date.... I was handed an eight pound bundle that changed my life forever. This bundle seemed like she was the answer to all of my dreams. Little did I know.... she was the START of all of my dreams. She was my Rainbow baby. The first of my children to come home to stay. That made her special in and of itself, but as I got to know this little bundle I realized that she was special for many many more reasons than that. She has taught me to love..... she has shown me how deep love can penetrate your soul. She has helped me to learn how loved I am. She has connected me more closely to the Spirit.... as I see her connection and strive to be that connected. She has filled my whole world with an inquisitive brightness that I can only hint at. She has made me whole when I hadn't even known I was missing something. I am blessed by this little girl every single day. And I am so grateful for her presence in my life.
So what am I doing... selling our crafts on Etsy, starting a blog, moving forward in ways that I haven't even planned. Why am I doing this? Well firstly because I feel strongly that this is a way that I can support my family... and yes this Rainbow baby... while being HOME with her. But also because as I write out these things that I feel and see in the growing up of my babies.... it helps me to sort out the messy emotions that go with it.... and it helps to firm my connection to my children and to the Spirit. And lastly because it might help another mommy... one who is home with her babes... one who has lost one of her babes... one who is feeling a little crazy and needs to know that we all feel that way. We'll see where this takes us.... and my guess is that it will be a bumpy ride, but that ride can be filled with laughs and smiles as well as tears: and all of those things are better for having been shared with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment