Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving and other Hijinx

Alright alright. I dropped the ball... I know it. I have 26,27,28,29, and 30 of thankfullness to get through so that I can post CHRISTMAS DECORATING pictures. I will be quick. I was sick sick sick all last week.... SO I was grateful for cough medicine with Codeine so that I could sleep at night. I was grateful for coffee so that I could counter the effects of the codeine in the morning. I was grateful for a couch to lay on ( though I didn't get NEARLY the time I needed to do that) and I was grateful for the understanding of my family. All of my Holiday plans went kind of awry. I had planned so much.... but we DID have a turkey... and I was able to get up and make that day work for us. And I was so very very grateful for craft work and my children's love for it. They made amazing awesome truly spectacular ornaments and then they generously gifted those ornaments to people they loved. I am so blessed by my little girls. Their hearts are so open to giving and sharing. And they feel so proud of what they can share. I am endlessly amazed by my children. It makes me feel all explody when I think about it too much.... like all that amazing good feelingness is welling up inside me and I have to stop thinking about it before my head bursts.
SO anyways... we spent Thanksgiving crafting... and giving it away. :D and then I spent the day after shopping with my OWN mommy.... and let me tell you if I haven't my mommy is the best person on earth... aside from my own kids of course. We shop every year on Black Friday ( yes yes yes ridiculous consumerism yada yada yada) We eat breakfast out and have fun! But this year.... we came back after getting those door busters and we picked up my munchkins and we introduced THEM to the beauty of a girls day. It was fantabulous. I was sick so outside waiting had to be kept to a minimum. But we didn't need to do that anyways... we went to Guitar Center and Joann fabrics .... dude we were breaking down the DOOR. :D
We had planned on decorating the Christmas tree on Thanksgiving day but for various reasons it didn't get done until YESTERDAY. SHEESH I am falling down all over the place. Not to even mention the fact that I had a whole advent calendar with things planned to do that I haven't started yet. I start to get a little bit frustrated.... but then I have to let it go. That is NOT what the holiday is about and if I am upset because plans that I created for myself are falling apart.... well who is putting THAT stress on me. Yeah not worth it. So we decorated the tree and watched Christmas movies for the rest of the day and we decided.... it is about US... not plans. At the end of the night Ashlynn decided that we should all hold hands around the tree and sing a Christmas carol.... So that is what we did. We sang We wish you a Merry Christmas while holding hands around the tree.... and it was AMAZING... and we love each other... and we were reminded that maybe just maybe the stress of Christmas is something we do to ourselves..... and maybe we can enjoy it a little more if we relax a little. So in the spirit of that I am going to share PHOTOS! YAY...because photos are my favorite thing in the world. Taking them, sharing them, looking at them... you name it.



No comments:

Post a Comment