Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving- day 10

Today I am on a high. It is a high I get every Sunday, and it comes from meeting with like-minded people and sharing time and eating a meal together. It comes from hearing an uplifting message and tuning in to the Spirit inside.
Today I voice my gratefulness for my church home.... and my church family! I love going to church. I love bringing my children to spend time with these folks and I know that they are safe. I know that we are cared for. More than I even could have imagined. It was proven to me in a way that could never be doubted in August. My husband Dave cut his arm in August. He cut through nerves, tendons, and even an artery. The cut required surgery to repair and the prognosis for his hand does not include full recovery. For a family whose sole support is the income that Dave brings into our house, this caused a bit of a scare. How the heck would we support ourselves. Well the Sunday after Dave's surgery I went to church... and I was greeted by concern from every member of our congregation. But more than that I was met with an envelope of cash that was handed to me that had been donated by our congregation in a collection that was taken up before I got there. How could my heart do anything but SOAR when this loving care is evidenced so entirely to me by their actions.
I have seen friends get my children plates of food, cut the food that is on their plates, and hold chairs to ensure that my little climber didn't kill herself. My girls ask me all week long if it is "Church Day" yet... and on the way home today Ashlynn said " I wish we could have church twice a week." A six year old who wants to be there twice a week: Why? Simply put, it is the love that flows so freely from one person to another there. We live in the flow of Spirit and we share it joyously.
I am so grateful to have the community that this church offers to me. I look forward to seeing these people every single week. I love to share a love for Spirit and the great works that come from a concentrated faith of like minded people. I am so blessed to have been drawn to this place... my spiritual home. I am so happy when I am there... and I am buoyed by that happiness through the week. I started my Etsy store and this blog when I have ducked my head for years because of the courage that I have gained through this church... and the belonging that I feel when I am there. I have learned that in order for me to grow I have to stretch Body, Mind, and Spirit.... and that sometimes spiritual stretching can mean jumping into that unknown and letting Spirit catch you. So I jumped... and we will watch how it grows... and I will live in the flow of Spirit... and I will learn great things by doing so..... and I have a whole community of people to thank for that!




No comments:

Post a Comment