Monday, November 4, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving - Day 4

Day four and I am so very very thankful for my Taryn-bo-Baryn. Let me just say that I am doing this in age order.... because I love all my children so very much. So much so.... that I have to do an individual page for each one. How could ONE post sort out the blessings that all my children offer? It can't. So you get to read a post per child. This one is Taryn and she is larger than life.
Taryn came into this world her way. She was (By Docs certainty and ultrasounds galore) 35 weeks 4 days. Which made her a preemie. They tried to stop my labor because they wanted her to cook a little longer. But Taryn, who always knows exactly what she wants, had other ideas. She was NOT going to be held back and after 24 hours of attempting to stop the labor.... the docs went with it. She came into this world already learning how to assert her will.... and she never has stopped yet. Because Taryn was born by C-section the hospital policy is that the babe sleeps in the nursery the first night and then can room in every night after that at mother's discretion. It was different for us. Why? Because Taryn, who always knows exactly what she wants, would not stop screaming unless she was held by me. In order to NOT fall asleep in the hospital bed with her in my arms, my first night walking the floor with Taryn was her first on earth. The nursery wouldn't keep her because... she was disturbing all of the other newborns... you know the ones who spent the first couple of weeks of their lives sleeping. The next night my nurse, realizing that I must be exhausted as I hadn't slept since having a C-section 36 hours ago, agreed to come in and check on us every 15 minutes and Taryn slept in the bed with me.
It was easier (for me) when Taryn came home.... because we co-sleep and she was a very happy baby... with me. But Taryn, who always knows exactly what she wants, did NOT want to be held by others. In fact we have endless pictures of the child screaming ( she never cried without screaming). My poor mother after being deafened one night decided it might be best if we waited for her to babysit until Taryn was older. My own husband was white knuckled and ready to blow when I tried a mommy's night out when she was a couple of months old. I nursed and she wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with a bottle.... EVER. And this was just when she was a NEWBORN. She has a way about her.
Taryn.... well she is strong minded... and I work HARD to foster that. Though I don't think she would let me do anything other than that. She is opinionated and she is driven and determined. When she wants it she WILL get her way. With everyone in the world except... her sissy. Her sister who she loves so much that she often will give way. With her sister who she shows so much generosity that it makes my heart sing. As she has gotten older she has added people to her favorites... it isn't just ME any more. Her Daddy and her Granny and her Gramps are some of her top people... and if you are one of her top people then you know. You know that her hugs and kisses are magic. She packs them with so much love and affection that I truly believe they can heal a heart. And she is so generous with those hugs and kisses. Taryn is one of the most loving individuals that I have ever met. I am such a lucky mommy... because she could and would sit and hug and kiss me all day long. I feel so fortunate to have this little huggy bear as my daughter.
Taryn is an artist.. no seriously she is... before she was 2 she was drawing cartoon characters from shows.... and we KNEW what she was drawing. That has only continued as she has gotten older. She loves art. She would draw all day. She loves to color and has been the child that has decorated my walls, my furniture, my garbage can.... she says that she " Hates white" and I have to watch her carefully because when she sees white.... she attempts to change its status. She loves pretty. She wants to do my hair and my nails and my make-up all the time. She told me this summer that she would no longer be wearing pants when we go places.... she will only wear skirts or dresses. Well as the weather is getting colder I have had to put my foot down... which has made her do the same.... which gets interesting. Her temper hasn't gotten smaller... but with her vocabulary getting better we have a better chance of coming to terms with things without temper tantrums. Still she talks loud and figures she should always get her way. Taryn is the poster child for why spanking doesn't work. I have had to come to terms with the fact that were I to be a parent who spanked I would have to entirely break my child because she would see it as a battle of wills. As I am NOT willing to do that.... I have to employ other tactics. Like Ashlynn, Taryn makes me a better person. She makes me want to be perfect. She makes me see where I need to work on it. My life is so much better for the children. I am so fortunate to spend my life with these amazing angels.
My Taryn keeps it colorful and exciting. She loves so deeply that it astounds me. She is sensitive to those she loves and WANTS to be helpful. She is my Soo-soo ( from her favorite book) she is my Tee-Tah... she is my heart. She is her sister's best friend... and her daddy's little snuggler. She is proud to be just like her "Nancy-grandma" She is my Sunshine... the light of my life. She shines that light as readily as she shares her thunderstorms. I see her face... and I know love all through my body. My sweet little teeter totter girl.
Taryn which is a combination of Tara ( which is the hill that the ancient rulers of Ireland ruled from)

 and Erin the name of the island.... and was the name that was chosen for Aidan should he have been a girl... Anne  of which Nancy is a diminutive ( so she IS named for her Nancy-grandma) meaning grace or favored by god. Put together they mean a ruler of our heritage with grace or that is favored by God...... and WOW does she live up to THAT name.

No comments:

Post a Comment