Friday, November 22, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving - Day 22

Today I am grateful for silliness. Playfulness and silliness is something that I have a hard time falling into. I have never been able to lose myself in it. My husband on the other hand can make everything into play. It is one of the things I love most about him. Ashlynn has inherited that trait. She is able to create silliness out of thin air. She can make nearly everyone laugh and smile. Taryn has an imagination that makes up amazing stories and pretend games..... and with the three of them in my life I have often been put in the place of being playful. What a wonderful way to be. It frees that part inside of you that was chained up when you became an adult. It opens the world and makes the sun shine.
When we become playful or silly we lose the weight that sits on our shoulders. Suddenly we don't have any cares.... and isn't that how it should be? What is so important that we should worry about it? .... more importantly why should we worry if we can change it? Well simply enough we should NOT.... because we can change the outcome..... so if we can't change it.... should we worry? hmm well can't change it... rather than allow worry to destroy our OTHER joys we should simply let our attachment to it go. Easier said than done I suppose. Still I just spent 15 minutes in the kitchen dancing with two little girls who insisted that we dance in circles and that we had to switch dance moves every time we made a round.... It was amazing and we were giggling and laughing and out of breath... and we were in love with life for those minutes.
So I am so very grateful for those moments of playful silliness. I am so grateful that I have people in my life who can help me to loosen up.... because we all need to sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment