Monday, November 18, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving- Day 18

Today my Taryn is sick. We have lots of clothes to clean owing to this young lady's stomach unrest. So we spent the morning with her snuggled on my chest while we sat on the couch watching one Christmas movie after another. There is a sweetness to that, even once you figure in the nastiness of the sick. So today I am so grateful that I CAN be there with my daughters when they get sick. Many mommies don't have the ability to just sit with their child. Many mommies have to work and though it breaks their hearts they cannot be there and instead have to find family members to stay with them. I am a lucky lady.
There are so many things about motherhood that are so amazing. While there are sacrifices that have to be made.... the gifts of motherhood far outweigh the sacrifices. When my husband and I discussed marriage and family... it was agreed that we would always have a parent home with the children. And that parent is me. My husband works double hard to make sure I can stay home.... but so do my parents. My mother and father want for my children what they couldn't give to me. And they are generous enough to help our family to be sure that I can stay with my children. This allows me to sit on my couch cuddling a feverish four year old when she needs it. I am so very very grateful for the support that those around me have offered to make this possible for myself and my children. It helps to foster in those sweet babies the idea of what family truly is. And when you have a strong family core, you are rich in ways that many can only imagine. 
Today she is sick... I put my life on hold for her.... but the magic of the days that they are well... the leaf jumping, pancake making magic.





I home school my littles. And I have Ashlynn reading and Taryn already writing her letters with help. They are allowed to learn at their own pace.... and I am able to be an active part of it. I am the luckiest mommy in the world. And I owe it in no small part to the people around me who support me to ensure that I can be the mommy at home that I want to be... and my children need me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment