Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Thirty days of Thanksgiving- Day 20

Today I am grateful for kids movies.... no seriously I am. We had to take Taryn to the Dr today. She was up all night with croup... and Ashlynn has a fever now. So... well there we go. This afternoon we are having hot soup with oyster crackers.... and watching one kids movie after another. The girls, neither of them, feel like doing much more than this... and I am trying to do things around them. Truth I am not getting much done, as Taryn is asleep now on the couch and Ashlynn is spread out on the dinner table and Dave is asleep in the bedroom.
I don't know if there are many things worse than your kid being sick. I kind of feel desperate in spite of the doctors visit today because she gets better then gets sick then gets better and then gets sick.... and I just want her WELL. The kids don't even really have the energy to FIGHT right now... and that means they are NOT feeling well! Still there is a level of grouchiness that comes with five straight days of sick and indoors.
So we have watched one kids movie after another to keep busy. And it is taking the edge off of the grumpiness.. of maybe it is just taking everyone's mind off of it. I wish I could say that we are grateful for everyone being well.... but until we CAN say that.... I am grateful for distractions.

No comments:

Post a Comment