Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thirty Days of Thanksgiving-Day 12

Yesterday we had snow... yes snow. .. Already. So last night Dave suggested that we go to breakfast and then go to get the girls boots. We can't COMPLETELY winterize the girls in one go... we have to do it over a series of weeks. And I was just saying to a family member that Christmas should be later in the season so I don't have to worry about how to buy presents while also making sure that my kids are outfitted for the snow and blow season. Still.... that is what we did today. We pushed back a few things that we were going to do and got the girls some boots. Next week SNOW PANTS.
So what am I grateful for today.... that I CAN do this. There are families that don't have this option. There are families who cannot buy boots for all of their kids struggle or not. So while we struggle to do it I am so grateful that we CAN!
As we walked out of Farm and Fleet there was a collection box for donations of toys for children. And as I explained to my children what it was it hit me... I am worrying about Christmas. How will I do it? What can I afford? But my kids have roofs over their head and meat on their plates. We bust our tails for everything we have.... but we worry about how MUCH we can get the kids.... not IF we CAN. So I am grateful for what we DO have..... because it is ENOUGH! what ever it is it is ENOUGH. If it is one gift this year.... it is ENOUGH! and I am so grateful for that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment